We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Mechanic Rotor/ Fixed Wing is responsible for the daily airworthiness and safety of Company fixed wing aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Mechanic Fixed Wing supports all company departments to ensure safe and efficient high quality patient transports.
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and alterations in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), company policies and procedures, in a timely manner, with a high standard of safety and quality.
• Ensures all aircraft maintenance record entries are executed and submitted in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures and applicable maintenance manuals.
• Participates in company programs to ensure continuous process improvement including but not limited to the ASAP/MSAP Program, Safety and Risk program, and the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System.
• Maintains, monitors and is accountable for fuel equipment, aircraft parts, tools, supplies and ground support equipment in accordance with company General Operations Manual, as required.
• Acts as support for other mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
• Interacts on a regular basis with all Shop AMT’s, all Base AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
• Works on special projects as required.
• Three (3) years Rotor & Fixed wing aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements preferred.
• Maintenance experience on current fixed wing aircraft preferred.
• Avionics troubleshooting knowledge and basic electrical repair experience required.
• Aircraft systems knowledge required.
• Aircraft records systems knowledge required.
• Aircraft maintenance planning experience required.
• Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and technical publications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call rotations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Valid and Current FAA Inspection Authorization required. | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
• Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program
• Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
• Capable of lifting 50lbs.
Customer / Patient Focused:
• Anticipates and strives to understand the unique needs of each patient and/or customer.
• Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
• Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
• Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication.
• Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
• Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
• Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
• Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
• Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled